The most important dates in the LUMEL's history:
- 7th November 1953 - Zielonogórskie Zakłady Wytwórcze Mierników Elektrycznych were founded on the strength of the Ministry of the Machine-Building Industry decision.
- January 1954 - the first moving-iron meter was produced.
- 1958 - the Company's name was changed into Lubuskie Zakłady Aparatów Elektrycznych - LUMEL.
- 1962 - the millionth analogue panel meter was produced.
- 1964 - the Company depended on the newly created Union of the Automation and Measuring Instruments "MERA" and the Company's activity was enlarged by the production of industrial and laboratory electrical measuring instruments for electrical quantities.
- 1967 - the Experimental Plant of Measuring and Control Apparatus was created. 5 years later, it was transformed into the R&D Centre of Electrical Metrology.
- 1969 - LUMEL started production of recorders, transducers and multimeters.
- 1995 - first products with RS-485 were lunched into the market
- 1995 - LUMEL received the ISO 9001 Quality Certificate.
- 1997 - the Company was converted into a joint-stock state company - LUMEL S.A.
- 1999 - LUMEL received the prestigious Polish promotion trademark "TERAZ POLSKA" for the digital meters with bargraphs series.
- 2003 - LUMEL received the ISO 14001 Environment Certificate.
- 2008 - new plant of pressure die-castings was opened
- 2010 - LUMEL received the ISO/TS 16949:2009 Certificate
- July 2011 - Polish Ministry of Treasury sold 85% of shares of LUMEL S.A. to Indian company Rishabh Instruments Pvt Ltd.
- 2014 - LUMEL won the plebiscite for the best company of the last 25 years in Zielona Góra city.
- 2016 - splitting the company in to two independent businesses - LUMEL S.A. (production of electronic instruments) and LUMEL ALUCAST Sp. z o.o. (production of pressure die-castings)
- 2017 - LUMEL is the most Popular Brand in Poland. The popularity ranking was drawn up by APA (the prestige polish magazine for automation sector).